Get The Most Out Of Your Heating System
Installing a high efficiency heating system will improve the energy consumption and comfort in your home. There are a couple of variables to consider when selecting a new heating system.
The Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating measures the percentage of heat being produced for every dollar of fuel being used. The higher the percentage means less fuel is used to heat your home. Today’s heating systems range from 90% to 98% AFUE.
ECM Motor versus PSC Motor
Electronically commutated motor (ECM) uses variable speeds ranging from 0 to 100% in output. While a permanent split capacitor (PSC) motor runs on full speed using 100% of output. The programmable ECM uses longer cycling periods to gradual ramp up speed and slowly decrease output aiding to reduce the fluctuation in temperature change. On the other hand, PSC motor uses short heating cycles that create spikes and dips in temperature control.
Select the “Right” Heating System for your Home
Selecting a reliable efficient heating system is key to keeping your home warm while saving heating costs.
Single Stage Furnace – GOOD
High efficiency single stage furnaces will provide consistent flow of warmth all winter long.
- High Efficiency models available ranging from 90 to 98% AFUE
- Replacing an older dated heating system with single stage high efficiency will help reduce your heating costs
- Operates with one heat exchanger using its 100% capacity
Two Stage Furnace – BETTER
High efficiency two stage furnace lessens the swing in temperature change in your home.
- High efficiency models available ranging from 90 to 98% AFUE
- Reduces temperature variation
- Operates using two heat exchangers, only using the necessary capacity it requires to heat your home
- Reduces heating costs by using the primary exchanger at 60% capacity and only uses secondary heat exchanger when needed, operating at 100% capacity
Modulating Furnace – BEST
A high efficiency modulating furnace keeps temperature fluctuations in your home consistent.
- High efficient models available range from 96 to 98% AFUE
- Operates by modulating the gas valve and fan
- Using only the required capacity necessary to heat your home
- Eliminates the on/off temperature fluctuation that is common with single and two stage systems
- System runs longer, best for large homes or zone applications